The British Council has invited applications for the position of Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis.
British Council is a British organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It works in over 100 countries: promoting a wider knowledge of the United Kingdom and the English language (and the Welsh language in Argentina) encouraging cultural, scientific, technological, and educational co-operation with the United Kingdom.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance and CA, Post Graduate (Finance)
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of SAP
- Sound & practical knowledge of working on Excel.
- Prior exposure to managing external stakeholders.
5-8 years of post qualification experience (CA) Or Post Graduate with 7 or more year experience.
- Detailed understanding of Financial and Management Reporting, Cash Flow and Month End Reporting, and Closing process.
- Preparation of monthly reports on the total cost for each delivery unit based on the allocation of direct cost and apportionment of indirect cost and conducting meeting with stakeholders for their agreement on the costing
- Practical experience in handling and closing statutory audits
- Ability to manage UK based stakeholders independently and sort follow up queries.
- Excellent excel skills and prior exposure in making excel-based financial reports
- Strong organizational skills and be part of a global business team
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within Matrix environment
- Customer-driven & team-oriented
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and stretch beyond normal business hours and business days.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties
- Financial and Management Reporting –
- Monthly closure of books with accurate recording of transactions (expenses/revenue) and cost allocation, further ensuring appropriate controls over RR.
- Oversee appropriate recording in month-end accounting specifically pertaining to, revenue recognition prepayment apportionment, staff cost accrual, apportionment of indirect cost based on various parameters.
- Ensure governance over all the resource requisition (RR Documents) issuance, renewals, and expiry
- Ensure timely and accurate closure of books, efficient and accurate completion of month-end processes and reports including concise presentation to Finance Controller
- Month-end comparison and analysis of budget versus actual cost for each Business Unit and Project
- To direct and control the revenue to be charged to the client based on various projects as per timelines and post review of all areas of revenue compliance and practice.
- Work on promoting standardization and consistency in month-end closing and reporting.
- Audits and Controls –
- Ensure integrity of financials and balance sheet to meet entity controls, compliance & audit requirements.
- Preparation of cash flow statement on monthly basis and getting the same reviewed by Line managers.
- Liaising with the UK Treasury team for underlying for forwards, approvals, and follow up queries
- Interacting with Auditors for getting Process Walkthroughs, Financial Audit done at year-end.
- Financial Analysis –
- Provide business analytics as per the requirement of various stakeholders including process efficiency insights and ensure control over budgeting and forecasting.
- Co-ordination with UK counterparts to ensure efficient budgeting and forecasting including complete control over new projects.
- Produce insightful, forward-looking analysis that drives better management decisions and detect the early warning of delivery or financial issues
- Drive and co-ordinate for cost reduction and common process improvement projects.
- Reconciliation and review of SAP plans before system closure.
- Managing the information requirements of various stakeholders from the perspective of financial planning and analysis.
- Undertake process improvement to improve the efficiency of the Corporate Finance department.
- Relationship Management – Independently manage cordial working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring adherence to service level agreements
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, own and proactively manage key relationships with partners.
- Working independently and directly with multiple business clients/managers.
- Ensure all SLA’s are adhered to.
- Manages workload, multiple demand and request & competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a high quality and integrity of deliverables
Important features or requirements
- To get proficient in SAP
- To be open to take and resolve queries raised at odd hours by employees working in shifts.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to stretch beyond office hours when the situation demands
Background check required.
Duration of job : Full time
Location: Noida, South Asia, IN
For more details and to apply, click here.