Northern Trust has invited applications for the post of Senior Auditor.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, NT serves the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service and is Forbes ranked top employer for Diversity in 2018.
A College or University degree and/or adept auditing experience in a financial institution, or similar public accounting experience
The Senior Auditor II is responsible for conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. This role leads audit project teams, which includes providing oversight to the audit team and communicating results of the engagement to management. The Senior Auditor II provides technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement audit team and works closely with Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
- Leads two or more audits simultaneously at a minimum
- Conduct and document more complex and high risk audits throughout the Corporation
- Demonstrates professional skepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are being performed in order to facilitate making improvements
- Finalizes planning documents
- Assisting in Audit Plan evolution by challenging scoping of audit project
- Functions in various roles on audit assignments, including leading audits, staffing audits, and providing oversight functions based on the needs of the team
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results, and evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Leads a team of 1 or more staff in executing audits
- Works closely with the Audit Team Leader/Manager I or II to perform/develop the audit planning, scoping, and fieldwork execution strategy
- Works closely with the Audit Team Leader/Manager I or II to develop the audit budget and/or timeframe for how the audit will be completed
- Reviews the work papers of the audit team members ensuring that departmental standards have been met
- Communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management. Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Completes and compiles findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports
- Coordinates with other audit teams (business unit, regional, and specialist) to ensure evaluations of related areas occur timely and cover key areas within the audit
- Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Leading continuous monitoring meetings with business and Audit Services management
Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
For more details and to apply, click here.